A Collection of Healthy, Simple Recipes Dogs Will Love to Sink Their Teeth Into.
West Paw Celebrates Earth Day. Every Day.
The Numerous Ways West Paw Reduces Their Carbon FootPrint
Since our beginning in 1997, West Paw has sustainably manufactured eco-friendly dog toys, beds, leashes and collars. We do this because we care. We care about people, pets and the planet and therefore want to do our part to reduce carbon emissions, reduce waste, and re-use materials whenever possible. By tallying up the ways these efforts have affected (or not affected) planet earth, West Paw is proud that this Earth Day, April 22nd, and every day, we can quantify our efforts because the Earth Counts!
West Paw envisions a world where business success is friendly to people and the planet. As the first pet product manufacturer to become a Certified B Corp (2013), Montana’s first Benefit Corporation (2015), and a founding member of the Pet Sustainability Coalition (2013), West Paw joins the ranks of other industry-leading companies (courtesy of Rover.com) who share their goal of continuing to create dog products in earth-friendly ways.
West Paw Winces at Waste:
- 19 million plus bottles have been saved from landfills and recycled into IntelliLoft® fiber and fill to make our pet beds and toys.
- In 2019 alone, over 1,111 pounds of post-consumer Zogoflex® were recycled. Through West Paw’s infinite recycling program, Join the Loop®, we have recycled over 8773 pounds of post-consumer Zogoflex material back into our Zogoflex toys since 2014.
- Approximately 11% of each Zogoflex toy is made of post manufacturing recycled material.
- Waste from our Zogoflex manufacturing process in 2018 was 0.12%. (Industry goal from the Plastics Industry is 2-20% recovery.)
- West Paw uses recycled material in the webbing of their Strolls® and Outing® leashes and collars.
- Award-winning Zogoflex® dog toys are zero-waste, non-toxic, BPA, Phthalate and Latex-Free and FDA Compliant. Infinitely recyclable, all Zogoflex toys can be returned to West Paw to be cleaned and turned into a new toy, over and over again.
- All plush dog toys and beds are stuffed with IntelliLoft® eco-friendly filling made from recycled plastic bottles.
- All Big Sky Naps®, Big Sky Blankets®, and Big Sky® plush toys are all Oeko-Tex® certified. This is the same third party certifier used by popular baby carrier and children’s clothing companies.