We gathered 500 of our Dog's Best Friends fashionistas to help make better, safer, and more durable toys for dogs around the world. Then we sent them something fetching to review.
Eco-Friendly Dog Products
Eco-Friendly Dog Products
ECO-FRIENDLY PET PRODUCTS
The Numerous Ways We Reduce Our Carbon Foot Print
Since 1997, West Paw has worked to reduce our impact on the planet. We do this by creating eco-friendly pet products in a sustainable manner. Every year we tally up the ways these efforts have affected (or not affected) planet earth and West Paw is proud that this Earth Day, April 22nd, and every day, we can show off the ways the Earth Counts!
West Paw envisions a world where business success is friendly to people and the planet. As the first pet product manufacturer to become a Certified B Corp (2013), Montana’s first Benefit Corporation (2015), and a founding member of the Pet Sustainability Coalition (2013), West Paw joins the ranks of other industry-leading companies who share their goal of continuing to grow in earth-friendly ways.
How do we do it?
We wince at waste:
- 15 million bottles have been saved from landfills and recycled into IntelliLoft® fiber and fill to make their pet beds and toys.
- In 2018 alone, over 1,111 pounds of post-consumer Zogoflex® were recycled.
- Through West Paw’s infinite recycling program, Join the Loop®, West Paw has recycled over 7725 pounds of post-consumer Zogoflex material back into our Zogoflex toys since 2014.
- Approximately 11% of each Zogoflex toy is made of post manufacturing recycled material
- Waste from our Zogoflex manufacturing process in 2018 was 0.12%. (Industry goal from the Plastics Industry is 2-20% recovery.)
- Hemp grows 2X as much fiber as cotton per acre. Hemp plants enrich the soil, controlling erosion and once spun into fabric, hemp becomes one of nature’s strongest fabrics, this is why West Paw uses hemp in their new collection of Jaunts® and Strolls®.
Sustainable & Safe:
- West Paw uses safe and durable textiles so they last longer and therefore don’t get thrown into the landfill as often as less-durable products.
- Award-winning Zogoflex® dog toys are non-toxic, BPA, Phthalate and Latex-Free and FDA Compliant. They are infinitely recyclable and can be returned to West Paw to be cleaned and turned into a new toy, over and over again.
Add Your Comment
Everything you need to know about Zogoflex in 8 playful yet informative videos.
Summer months are approaching and it’s time to get out and play. When you do remember to play safe. Here are some good reminders (even for experts) for getting out and playing safe.